Monday, October 18, 2010

Compromise

Compromise is a funny word, don't you think? Suggests that you should give up something you believe is right just to please someone else. Someone you think is morally wrong. Compromise. Doesn't sound like the best concept in the world, especially when suggested by people who want nothing more than to complicate your otherwise happy, carefree existence. I know it sure doesn't sound fun to me. But maybe that's because I'm what a select few would consider stubborn. But I don't think that's a bad thing when I'm trying to ward off bad influences or people who absolutely thrive on that wretched beast, drama. Is it too much to ask not to be involved in the problems and petty vendettas of people with whom I wish to have no affiliation? But lo and behold, I keep getting dragged forcibly into the heart of conflict right when the coast appears clear. I think I might write the words COMPROMISE-FREE across my forehead in black Sharpie. I'm pretty sure most people would catch my drift....

1 comment:

  1. Compromise is double edged sword. It is great and awful all at the same time. Compromise is awful when you compromise yourself or the ground in which you stand on. Sometimes it is a good thing in the right situation. Just always keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete